It might not be helpful to jump directly into fabrication without knowing the relationships and steps between the schematic or idea you have in mind and getting that idea made. Before defining PCB fabrication, it may be helpful to define a few other terms and their interrelationships.
PCB Development Stages
· PCB Development
PCB development can be defined as the process of taking a circuit board design from the design to the production. This typically includes three stages: design, manufacturing and testing. And for all but the simplest designs, this process is iterative with the objective of arriving at the highest quality design within the development time allotted.
· PCB Manufacturing
PCB manufacturing is the construction of your board design. This is a two-step process that begins with board fabrication and ends with printed circuit board assembly (PCBA).
· PCB Testing
PCB testing, sometimes referred to as bring up, is the third stage of PCB development; performed after manufacturing. Testing during development is done to evaluate the board’s ability to perform its intended operational functionality. During this stage, any errors or areas where the design should be modified to improve performance are identified and another cycle is initiated to incorporate the design changes.
· PCB Assembly
PCB assembly or PCBA is the second step or stage of PCB manufacturing in which the board components are mounted to the bare board through a soldering process.
The PCB Fabrication Process
PCB fabrication is the process or procedure that transforms a circuit board design into a physical structure based upon the specifications provided in the design package. This physical manifestation is achieved through the following actions or techniques:
· Imaging desired layout on copper clad laminates
· Etching or removing excess copper from inner layers to reveal traces and pads
· Creating the PCB layer stackup by laminating (heating and pressing) board materials at high temperatures
· Drilling holes for mounting holes, through hole pins and vias
· Etching or removing excess copper from the surface layer(s) to reveal traces and pads
· Plating pin holes and via holes
· Adding protective coating to surface or solder masking
· Silkscreen printing reference and polarity indicators, logos or other markings on the surface
· Optionally, a finish may be added to copper areas of surface
Advantage of Victory PCB
· A Professional PCB Manufacturer since 2005
· Small and Middle/Large batches, Multiple Varities, Short Lead Time
· Certificated with UL (E315391), ISO 14001, IATF16949, ISO 9001, SGS, ISO13485, SA8000
· Capablity 60,000Sqm/3000PNs per month, 500staffs
· Make oversized board (reach to 1200mm)
· Quotation will be provided within 12hours
· 15 years experience on PCB exporting
· 10% sales revenue invested in R&D and advanced automatic equipment from Japan, Taiwan and Germany every year
· Product:Single Sided, Double Sided and Multilayer PCB, Rigid PCB,Flex PCB,Rigid-flex PCB,AL-base PCB.
Victory is a professional PCB manufacturer which established in 2005. Adhere to be a specialized manufacturer for multiply species, small to medium series, and quick turn production, we insist to provide 3H(high quality, high precision and high density) PCBs for our customers. If you are looking for a reliable merchandise of PCB Fabrication, please contact us now!